Measure the background noise with a FSM 2.0 field strength meter, a professional stand-alone measuring instrument for installers, sound engineers and technical staff.
The background noise shall not be lower than -47dB relative 400m/A/m, but up to -32dB can be acceptable. (The certificate of conformity that comes with the FSM 2.0 and with all univox amplifiers provides you with an easy step-by-step instruction how to perform the background measurement and other measurements to fulfil the IEC standard 60118-4.)
Start with a two turn loop. This is important especially when you will cover an area that is considerably smaller than the stated maximum coverage area of the amplifier.
- The cable must NOT be placed above or close to an inner ceiling made of metal.
- If the floor is heavily reinforced the field strength can be increased by placing the cable on the wall, 3-5 dm from the floor level.
- If the loop is bigger than 200 m2 the distance between the listening area (standard listening area is 1,2m above floor level) and loop must be more than 1,2m.
- Cable from sound sources shall not be placed close to or parallel to the loop cable.
- It is preferred to use balanced inputs with low impedance.
- Pay special attention to low level inputs.
- Do NOT use dynamic microphones, as this results in an increased risk for magnetic self-oscillation.
Plan the location for the amplifier (amplifiers). Each loop shall have a twinned (or paired) connection wire.
Follow the installation guide of the amplifier. Pay extra attention to how to set the input sensitivity level with the AGC-system.
Installation of SLS system with copper foil cable
Watch our YouTube film sequence showing an example how to install an SLS system with copper foil cable.
Univox Meeting Room Kits,
Complete meeting room loop systems with all components included! ..read more
Univox is back at AudiologyNOW!,
AudiologyNOW! in Anaheim, USA ..read more
Univox is back in Amsterdam for ISE 2013!,
The shift between January and February every year means ISE in Amsterdam. We will be there.....read more