Item no.: 401040 (Discontinued product)
Professional Field Strength Meter
Better results, more complex measurements, faster & easier use
Univox FSM 2.0 is a professional field strength meter with functions and measurements not seen elsewhere on the market. FSM 2.0 uses a microprocessor (μP) making advanced measurements easy. The multitone measurement automated by the μP, makes accurate and reproducible frequency results superior to pink-noise, and much quicker. All the details are controlled by the μP and the answers are clearly displayed on the backlit LCD screen. All measurement steps are easy to use in a logical sequence following the measurement certificate.
FSM 2.0 is reprogrammable which makes any upgrades of the IEC standard or routines easy to handle. No need to buy a new instrument for an updated/ changed standard.
FSM 2.0 is the only field strength instrument that comply fully with IEC 60118-4, measuring noise down to -47dB. This is possible as all sensitive signals and conversions are hardwired. The digital μP is only used to control the hardware. FSM 2.0 is the only instrument that can easily measure the overspill level hidden behind the background noise due to extremely sharp filters (just a few Hz). The noise spectrum measurement makes it easy to decide if the background noise is clearly audible.
FSM 2.0 Test signals
- Zip folder all files
- 1khz – 1kHz continuous sine wave
- 1khz-pulse – 1kHz pulsed sine wave (2 sec on/ 3 sec off)
- 1k6Hz-pulse – 1.6 kHz pulsed sine wave (3 sec on/ 2 sec off)
- 3-freq – 3 frequencies needed for IEC compliant frequency range measurement (100Hz, 1kHz and 5kHz) 2016-10-25
- 16-freq – 16 frequencies for comprehensive frequency range measurement (100Hz-10kHz)
- haspeech – Real speech signal adopted by hearing aid manufacturers
- itu – ITU (International Telecommunication Union) synthesized speech signal
- Easy to use μP controlled mesurements
- Clear LCD display for direct flawless reading
- Accurate fast hardware based RMS conversion
- Full IEC 60118-4, <-52dBA measurement
- Reprogrammable for easy updates/new standards
- Quick direkt dB reading for 100, 1000 and 5000Hz
- Complex graphical frequency measurement 16 freq.
- LED shows when each program step is finished
- Measuring range -52dB to +9dB
- Start and program selection
- Hold function
- Auto shut-off
- Light switch for enhanced