Item no.: 213112
Univox® TLS-2.2 is the newest version of our loop amplifiers designed for railway vehicles. 3D STEP file is available upon request.Contact Us
Univox® TLS-2.2 is designed to drive hearing loops in larger vehicles completely or partially enclosed by metal, like train cars, trams, subways and ships. TLS-2.2 is a constant current amplifier with very high output current, up to 30Arms, providing compensation for the strong damping effect that conductive materials have on magnetic transmission. Metal loss correction is also available for high frequency slope corrections.
The rugged SMD construction provides high immunity to mechanical vibration and shock, satisfying the requirements of EN 50155 and EN 61373 standards. All larger capacitors are glued onto the coated dust resistant PCB. The requirements in the fire protection standard EN 45545-2 Hazard Level 2, are met.
TLS-2.2 has an efficient, fan free cooling system, for trouble free operation. It complies with the environmental temperature requirements of EN 50155 standard (-25 to +70°C). Capacitors are temperature rated -40°C to +105°C. All relevant EMC and EMI demands are met according to EN 50121-3-2. A closed metal casing and professional connectors make TLS-2.2 rated IP40. The case and signal ground are isolated through a 200V capacitor. The TLS-2.2 also features a built-in reverse polarity protection (diode) and an enhanced overvoltage protection (fuse). The amplifier is designed to fit and work in cramped spaces, as required in these types of environments. All the connectors and indicators are placed on one side of the amplifier to facilitate installation, service and control. The amplifier can be fixed mounted on site.
The balanced input, power supply, loop output and diagnostic system are connected to the amplifier using high quality WAGO 769 series connectors. Input sensitivity and output level are set by rugged DIL switches on the PCB where the metal loss correction potentiometer is also located.
TLS-2.2 can easily be connected to the diagnostic system of a computer host through the opto-coupler’s isolated outputs for control of input and output signals.
- Extremely high ability to overcome metal loss
- High output current, 10-30Arms (power supply related)
- High frequency gain potentiometer (MLC) on PCB
- Surface mount technology
- Insensitive to vibrations (complies with EN 50155 and EN 61373)
- Insensitive to extreme temperatures (complies with EN 50155)
- Fire protection complies with EN 45545/HL2
- Adapted for fixed installation in limited spaces
- 20-50 VDC power connection
- High quality WAGO 769 series connectors
- Balanced and galvanically isolated input
- Rugged Dip-switch input and output level settings on PCB for quick installation
- Isolated opto-coupler outputs for input and output signal check (diagnostic test)