Item no.: 861050, 861055, 861051, 861052, 861053, 861028
Super thin copper tape with plastic insulationContact Us
This thin insulated copper tape is specially suitable for use with hearing loop systems and can be installed directly under a carpet. The copper tape can be used for all types of hearing loop installations but is especially suitable in existing buildings and for installation of SLS systems. The copper tape can be affixed with tape, glue, nails, screws or staples. Always consult a qualified craftsman before installing the copper tape.
The copper tape is enclosed in a transparent plastic insulation that is heat bonded onto the copper tape, which makes the installation of two or more cables on top of each other possible. The copper tape itself is only 0.1mm thick. The total thickness including the insulation is 0.25mm
- Super-thin copper tape (0.1mm) specially suitable for hearing loops
- Transparent plastic insulation glued onto the copper tape
- Cross section: 2.5mm²/1.8mm²/1.25mm²/2×1.25mm²
- Width: 25mm/18mm/12.5mm/2×12.5mm(26mm)
- Thickness: copper tape 0.1mm (0.25mm including insulation)
- Low inductance (about half compared to normal round wire)
- Increased high frequency distribution
- Delivered on reels with cardboard flanges
861050 2.5 mm² (100m)
861055 2.5 mm² (200m)
861051 1.8 mm² (100m)
861052 1.25 mm² (100m)
861053 2×1.25 mm² (100m)
861028 2×1.25 mm² (50m)
Mounting of the tape
Always ask for advice by qualified flooring personnel for best mounting practices. The function of the copper tape is not influenced when using glue or tape to attach it to the floor/ceiling, under the condition that the copper tape is fully electrically insulated.
- If the copper tape is mounted on top of a concrete slab, the surface should be sealed with a sealant prior to installation of the copper tape cable to protect against excessive moisture present, for ex. through a double adhesive tape or a primer.
- We do not recommend direct burial of the copper tape in concrete slabs. If this is the preferred method of installation, use our DBC Direct Burial Cable (part no 861090/92) which is heat and oil resistant and suitable for concrete burial instead.
- On floating floors (eg plywood) there is a great risk that the copper foil will break off at the joints, due to mechanical wear. One solution is not to tape the copper foil at the joints, but leave 25cm on each side for movement space. Otherwise, we recommend using ordinary cable, either milling in or laying under the plywood.
- We recommend casting the copper tape in screed when mounting it under carpets. The copper tape is very thin but may still be noticeable under very thin plastic, linoleum or fabric carpets.
- When mounting the copper tape directly underneath linoleum, please check that the glue attaches to the glossy plastic copper foil insulation.