Item no.: 401016
Digital field strength meterContact Us
For testing and commissioning of induction loops
The Univox FSM Field Strength Meter is a digital meter and listener to commission and test hearing loop systems. It provides a quick and accurate method of monitoring and setting the performance of loop systems. The meter allows for easy and straight-forward assessment of magnetic background noise, field strength and frequency response of the system to comply with the requirements of the international hearing loop standard IEC 60118-4.
Two different frequency response characteristics are provided: “NORMAL”, which is a restricted response, similar to that of a hearing aid, and “FLAT”, which is a wide, flat response, similar to that of an equalized induction loop receiver for wide-band communication. It offers both true RMS and PPM (Peak Programme Meter) display time responses. Both modes are specified by standard IEC 60118-4. The meter comes in RMS mode as default.
The meter is calibrated in two ranges; +8 to -18dB and -18 to -44dB with respect to the field strength of 400mA/m at 1kHz, stipulated in IEC 60118-4, allowing background noise levels to be measured as well as AFILS signal strength. The measured audio signal may be monitored using headphones on all range and filter combinations.
A suite of free audio test signals is available for free download below. These may be used on any devices such as tablets, mobile phones, music players and laptops.
To Test Signals
- Choose between RMS or PPM mode
- Real time verification of sufficient field strength for good speech clarity
- An easy to read color-coded LED bar. Highly visible from a distance
- Silicone case for increased comfort and stability when laid flat or on its sides
- Operates over a wide range of 52dB in two stages
- Flat and A-weighted frequency response modes
- Active monitoring with headphones in any mode
- Low battery indication
- 3.5mm headphone jack and volume control
- High quality components for low noise
- The meter is calibrated, in accordance with international standards