This is a general summary of the Univox Professional Loop Systems and Super Loop Systems. Features vary by product. Please refer to each product’s specifications or contact Univox support for more details.
The PLS series (Professional Loop System) is our professional induction loop driver series for conventional (perimeter) loop systems.
Basic installations with no requirements for minimal overspill.
- Conference, class and TV rooms
- Smaller theatres and churches
- Train, buses, cars
- Long lasting professional amplifiers
- Balanced inputs
- High voltage and current complying for high speech intelligibility
- Complies with latest IEC standards
- Rugged design and efficient cooling
- Dual Action AGC without drops after high input peaks
- Simple and straightforward installation
- Metal Loss Correction
- Optimized metal reinforced compensation
- Optimized efficiency with flexible one- and two turn connections
- Detailed field strength simulation including data for each amplifier
- Cost effective
As all PLS drivers are able to drive both single and two turn loops. The final system is optimized to work with the highest possible efficiency on every metal reinforced premise.
Our general recommendation is to use twin core cable for the highest flexibility and system performance.
The SLS series (Super Loop System) is a balanced uncorrelated induction loop system – similar to phased array – with two loops (master and slave) connected to the driver.
Larger rooms and premises with requirements for minimal overspill.
- Theatres and cinemas
- Concert halls
- Trade fair centers
- Boats, ships
Univox SLS systems have several advantages compared to old conventional loop systems:
- Almost no vertical and horizontal overspill
- Smoother field strength level
- Highly increased frequency response
- Less impact on field strength and high frequency range by reinforcements or other metal construction parts
- Less directional sensitivity (no level drops when tilting the head)
- Increased efficiency due to controlled field strength
- Highly reduced risk for interference with other electronic equipment, guitars, microphones, etc.
There are many possibilities for the layout of the loop wire, but the basic Univox SLS system for most installations is the same: Two loops systems, Master and Slave, overlapping each other.
The size of the segments basically controls the overspill, both horizontal (sideways) and vertical (sitting vs. standing). In theatres or cinemas the segment size is simply the same as the distance between the seating rows. 1 meter segment size is normally fine but other segment sizes could be recommended depending on the installation.
After the installation, both PLS and SLS systems have to be certified. Installation and adjustment has to be performed by trained staff equipped with a field strength meter and basic knowledge of how the system works and how loops are measured and adjusted.
Please refer to Certify installation
Contact your distributor for questions regarding projection, installation and adjustment of the system.